Applicants - MRI Technologist Certification Exam:
- Primary Source Verification (PSV) - Verify a Tech's Certification
- On-line Verification - Click here.
- Phone Verification - call directly: 718-347-8690
- Hard Copy Original Letter (fee applies) - *Click Here
*For a printable form to mail or fax Click here.
- Newsletter - Summer 2013 "Click Here"
- Certificates & ID cards for 2014/15/16: will be processed & mailed upon receipt of renewal and all MRI - CME credits for 2012/13 are current.
- Certification 3-year RENEWAL 2014-2016
- Update Your Contact Information - email
- List Your Resume (CV) - Add Listing (ARMRIT certified techs only)
Celebrating 23 Years
ARMRIT 2014: 9th Annual Meeting & Seminar
San Diego Marriott Mission Valley, California
Save the Dates!!! Register Now!
Click Here to Register!
San Diego Mission Valley Marriott
8757 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA 92108
Call Directly: 877-622-3056 On-line: Passkey Reservations
"Because MRI is a Specialty"
"THE AMERICAN REGISTRY of MRI SPECIALISTS", est. 1991
The ARMRIT® has always stressed the importance of well-trained and highly qualified Technologists for MRI.
The ARMRIT® is proud to be the first certifying organization to:
- Recognize MRI Technology as a distinct medical imaging specialty utilizing non-ionizing radiation.
- Require MRI clinical experience and competency for eligibility.
- Promote formal MRI education with MRI clinical training.
- Recognize MRI schools that offer full-time educational program leading to a career in MRI.
- American College of Radiology (ACR) MRI Accreditation Committee has recognized ARMRIT as an autonomous certifying body meeting the ACR accreditation requirements for MRI technologists, as of July 17, 2008. Visit: http://www.acr.org/~/media/ACR/Documents/Accreditation/MRI/Requirements.pdf See Page 8.
- American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for one of the ARMRIT courses, the ARMRIT MRI Technologist examination. The American Council on Education, the major coordinating body for all the nation's higher education institutions, seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has established accreditation requirements for providers of advanced medical imaging mandated by the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA). Providers must comply with CMS' requirement that all providers of CT, MRI, PET and nuclear medicine exams be accredited by Jan. 1, 2012, in order to be reimbursed.
- Institute for Credentialing Excellence (ICE) ARMRIT is a member organization. .
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission includes ARMRIT as a recognized certifying body for MRI Technologists.
- Joint Commission (formerly JCAHO) includes ARMRIT as a recognized certifying body for MRI Technologists.
- Los Angeles County, CA, Department of Health Services has included ARMRIT certification in the selection requirements for MRI Technologist positions in LA County Hospitals.
- Ohio Department of Health has officially included ARMRIT as a recognized certifying body for MRI Technologists.
- Oregon Board of Medical Imaging Technology (formerly OBRT) has included ARMRIT certification as a requirement to be eligible for a Medical Imaging Technologist License to practice MRI Technology.
ARMRIT MRI Techs working in the State of Oregon can now apply for their MRI License. Visit the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging website: Permanent_Initial_MRI_License_0828.pdf
- Veterans Administration ARMRIT is recognized and approved by the Medical Imaging Department which established the policy of reimbursing the associated application and examination fees of its members. GI Bill Reimbursement Click Here
- West Virginia Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Technology Board of Examiners has included ARMRIT certification as a requirement to be eligible for a license to practice MRI Technology.
More about the ARMRIT®:
March 3, 2014
Mailing Address: ARMRIT
8815 Commonwealth Blvd.
Bellerose, NY 11426