Organization: University Medical Imaging,PC
Contact: Michael Lechner - Practice Admini
Locale: Rochester, New York
About the Position:
Please visit our employment website on how to submit an application and resume. https://www.universitymedicalimaging.com/employment/
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator,Chief MRI Technologist,or designee
STATUS: Evening Full Time
HOURS: 2:00-10:30pm and rotational weekends
Required Job -Specific Competencies:
• Proficient on GE &/or Siemens 1.5T or 3T MRI scanners
• Capable of working independently and efficiently while maintaining a safe work environment.
• Exhibits ability to carry out verbal and written instructions.
• Inspires confidence by performing and communicating in a highly professional manner,at all times. Possess the ability to show courtesy and respect to all individuals. Always maintains a positive teamwork atmosphere within all areas of the department.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers. Greets patients in a courteous and respectful manner,responds to patients with empathy while utilizing positive interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize workload and to distinguish between value and non-value added work. Demonstrates the ability to perform procedures,not requiring direct attention,simultaneously with those procedures that do require attention with no adverse affect on quality of work performance.
• Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients and staff.
• Strives to make sure that all procedures are completed and turned over in a timely manner consistent with the schedule. Uses time between procedures to clean equipment,stock supplies and maintain work area in ready condition for better efficiency.
• Demonstrates competence and proficiency in areas assigned; demonstrates responsibility for knowing and adhering to department rules and regulations while performing in professional manner.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and condition of the patient.
• Executes proper MR safety and screening procedures to protect themselves,as well as patients,visitors and co-workers.
• Create,maintain and communicate all MRI protocols and procedures.
• Pursues information necessary for the successful completion of all duties. Regularly confers with the Radiologists and asks for assistance with patients who present particular difficulties.
• Consistently demonstrates good judgment by showing an appreciation of cost factors.
• Assumes personal responsibility for on-going education and professional development.
• Demonstrates corporate values at all times. Thinks and conducts business in a manner aligned with and in the best interests of the organization as a whole.
Demonstrates courteous behavior through polite and respectful communication with all patients,guests,vendors and co-workers. Ability to work as a team-member is absolutely essential.
Aptitudes: Verbal ability; ability to recognize internal organs when visualized in axial,coronal and saggital planes; ability to organize work-load and prioritize tasks.
Temperament: Ability to perform a variety of tasks,often changing assignments on short notice. Punctuality,dependability,and accountability are all prerequisites.
• Required: Imaging experience with cross sectional and anatomical knowledge with certification through a nationally recognized imaging organization.
• Required: Associates or Bachelors in Science in Medical Imaging or MRI Certified by a Nationally recognized MRI Certifying Organization.
• Preferred: Maintaining 24 CE credits per biennium in MRI.
• Preferred: Magnetic Resonance Safety Officer (MRSO) certified by the American Board of Magnetic Resonance Safety ABMRS
• Required: Minimum of 2 year MRI scanning experience.
• Required: Proficient Experience in running GE or Siemens 1.5T and/or 3T MRI scanner.
• Preferred: Basic Proficiency level in navigating through RIS software and Microsoft Office products.
Supervisory Responsibility/Supervision Received:
• Performs duties independently with direct/indirect supervision.
• Impact of quality of care delivery will improve the retention of satisfied patients who utilize the organization’s services. Impact of errors related to breech of confidentiality,inaccurate patient identification,incorrect processing may result in failure to provide appropriate care for patient.
Contact with Others:
• Has direct interaction with all associates,physicians,patients.
Working Conditions/Hazards/Equipment & Machinery Used:
• Measures to decrease risk of blood borne pathogen exposure through universal precautions and work practice controls.
• Works in a high magnetic field zone which posses potential risk to self and others.
• Lifting of heavy medical equipment and supply boxes required. Up to 30 pounds.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified,and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
UMI has 2 Siemens Skyra 3T,2 GE HD23 1.5T and 1 GE HD23 3T MRI scanners.Please see UMI's webpage to learn more. https://www.universitymedicalimaging.com/
Willing to train? yes
Listing expires: December 30, 2018
Last Edit: August 9, 2018 at 17:02
Back to ARMRIT Job Board.